Top 5 Tips
1. Be certain of the choices you have within the paper e.g. Alt or Cuntas Dialainne and make sure you clearly understand the choice you make.
2. Do not write anything in English as you will not get any marks for this.
3. A number of questions will require you to include an address. Have addresses memorised in Irish before the exam.
4. Make sure you learn off all the words used for asking questions in Irish before the exam.
5. Read the questions carefully to make sure you understand exactly what you are being asked. You will lose marks if you write out a whole verse from the poem or a paragraph from the comprehension.
View some sample pages
About the Author
Muireann O’Connell is a graduate of University College Galway and University College Dublin. She is currently teaching Irish and French in Holy Faith Secondary School, Clontarf, Dublin.
Muireann is co-author of ReviseWise Junior Certificate Higher and Ordinary level Irish books.